Answering this question for myself has been quite an adventure and has yielded the answer that there is not one static balance, but rather a fluid flow of investing time into what is valuable to me.
Having spent the last two years working on a sustainable re-build, it’s equally scary and exciting to feel like the pieces of family, sport, career, health, community, and finances are starting to fall into place! The biggest lesson in the last two years? Trusting myself.
As the 2022 season begins both in running and at the Regina Farmers’ Market, it feels like a good opportunity and reminder to:
- Surround yourself with good people
- Be pro-active with your finances, and live within your means
- Listen to your body: It’s always honest
- Take care of yourself:
- set boundaries when necessary
- invest in your health and wellness
- Eat nourishing, good food + drink
- Take ownership of your choices
- Celebrate other people’s success
- Mindset check: Life is happening for you! (not to you)
- Enjoy the little things in life – it’s okay to have fun on the way!